2-Factor Authentication (2FA) can be enabled across enterprise accounts for all Resolve products, including the Web Dashboard, Chrome Extension and the Desktop Companion App. Upon login you will be prompted to enter a 6 digit code for verification, that will be provided via SMS to your mobile device.
How to Enable 2FA
1. To set up 2FA on your account, login to app.resolvebim.com.
2. A prompt will appear asking for a phone number capable of receiving SMS messages.
3. Enter your number and click on "Update Phone Number."
4. An SMS message containing a 6 digit code will be sent to your mobile device.
If you do not receive a message right away, wait 2 minutes. If you still do not receive a message, click "Resend Verification Code" on the next prompt.
5. Enter the verification code that was sent to your mobile device.
The code will stay active for 5 minutes, if time runs out click "Resend Verification Code" for a new one.
With 2FA enabled, the Resolve Chrome Extension will automatically support 2FA.
1. Navigate to the Chrome Extension at the top of your Google Chrome browser.
2. Enter your login and password information.
3. A verification code will be sent to your mobile device.
4. You will now be able to link models directly in BIM 360.
Desktop Companion App
1. Download and update the Resolve Companion App
2. Enter your username and password, then click "Sign In."
3. Similarly, a verification code will be sent to your mobile device.
4. Once entered correctly, you will now have logged into the Companion App successfully.
Update Phone Number For 2FA
In order to update the phone number associated with your account for 2FA simply login to the app.resolvebim.com website.
2. Navigate to the "My Account" tab on the left side of the page.
3. Click on the "Update Two-Factor Authentication" button and input your phone number
4. You should receive a verification code to the updated phone number. Enter the verification code and your phone number will be updated.